Saw something cool....can I do this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iceman72

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks I was on FB and saw this tank. I noticed he has 9 clown fish and it appears to be maybe 1 tang of some sort. Could I do this in my 55 g? Like maybe 4 clowns and one of something else. Heck maybe even 5 clowns alone? I'm a big fan of clowns.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387393595.779059.jpg

I have seen multiple clowns done in larger tanks, with mixed results. I would not try it in a. 55, but that's just me.

i think larger numbers (anything over 4) is doable in most cases. even with a group of 9, id doubt they would single ones out. should be ok

If you are going to do this I would try to add them all at once. Make sure your bb can handle it, and keep an eye on parameters after. If you get them all at once and put them all in you can be sure that there is only one female.

I've heard they can be kept in groups if all unsexed when added I every small. Nevertheless died it though

Not sure why It put that meant I've never tried it though lol

If you are going to do this I would try to add them all at once. Make sure your bb can handle it, and keep an eye on parameters after. If you get them all at once and put them all in you can be sure that there is only one female.

What's bb?

Back
Top Bottom