scared fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kangarooooooooo

Aquarium Advice Regular
what would cause a fish to get panicky?
one of my gouramis i've had for 2 years got all scared lately and hide behind things and rushes to the surface to breath then back under a cave.
and he'll swim all away across to get away from something and run into the glass and then hide. it's weird. the rest of the fish are fine, andi havn't done anything different.

Mine do the same thing. Before they would swim around the tank calmly but now every time they see a human they run and hide. Just the other day I added more plants and some pieces of floating anacharis and they seem to come out more often now. They still run and hide when they see humans but at least they come out now when there's no one near the tank.

Me neither but they are very sensitive and scare easily. Loud noises scare them also btw.

They are a fish that is easily scared. Even other active fish can startle them and cause this type of behaviour. Maybe another fish bumped him or startled him somehow.

I had a pictus cat that would repeatdly bash its brains into the side of my tank for no reason, a couple of years of that and he finally did it one to many times lol

Is he by himself? If so, try getting him one or two females and he might come out more often. :)

Back
Top Bottom