Scared shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bsurfr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
New here...ihave a 15 g planted tank with 16 tetras, neon and glolight, 12 cherry shrimp and I added 12 black bee shrimp 2 days ago. The bees seemed okay and swiming around the first day. Since then they have retreated into a peice of driftwood. Ive seen them in the morning, but shortly after turning on the light, they hide again. Not sure what could be wrong. Tank looks good, fish and cherry shrimp seem to get along fine and are very active... The bees are still pretty small though, maybe 1/2_3/4" , but even the larger ones hide alot. Any advice?

Im gonna answer again lol try planetinverts.com and look at water params and such for that shrimp. They may be shy or even nocturnal. Also maybe they are hiding due to size.

Cool, thanks, ill leave them alone for now. How long did the crs take to settle in? Water parameters are to their liking according to planet inverts, but dont think they are nocturnal, good questions though. Thanks for all the help:)

Bsurfr said:
Cool, thanks, ill leave them alone for now. How long did the crs take to settle in? Water parameters are to their liking according to planet inverts, but dont think they are nocturnal, good questions though. Thanks for all the help:)

My CRS took a week or two to settle in. I often feed at lights out so the fish leave the Shrimp food alone. You can see a few pics of my tanks on my profile.

Back
Top Bottom