Scarlet badis disappearing? PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kylecj221

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 4 gal evolve tank and I started the tank off with 1 corydoras habrosus, a piece of driftwood, some micro sword, some tall grass and a bushy plant (I don't know the names, picture attached) and 3 moss balls. I went to my local fish store and purchased 5 scarlet badis (1 male, 4 females, along with 3 red cherry shrimp. Over the next 3 days one of the scarlet badis females had died but only 2 of the other females were visible and the other two, the male and one female, were no where to be found. Also one of the RCS, which was berried, had disappeared as well. I searched the whole tank, took the plants out and everything and I could never find them. My LFS mentioned that maybe they went through the intake but yeah, the scarlet badis are small but not small enough to fit through and when I checked in the back chamber, no bodies or anything.

So the next day I bought another male and 3 more females, along with 3 more RCS. All six fish were visible until the next day (which was yesterday) and now today I checked the tank and all the RCS are visible but only 4 of the scarlet badis are present (1 male, 3 females), so that's 4 scarlet badis that have disappeared on me in 1 week.

Has anyone else had this problem? I really need help. I don't see any dead fish or anything. Or does anyone else have any suggestions of what could've happened? Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• image-4094882982.jpg
    image-4094882982.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 89
Yeah, I think there's a good chance it was the RCS who eat your Scarlet Badis. Not sure how your RCS died, but perhaps it died and then was eaten by everything else once it was dead.

Sorry to hear about your fish.

Yeah, I think there's a good chance it was the RCS who eat your Scarlet Badis. Not sure how your RCS died, but perhaps it died and then was eaten by everything else once it was dead.

Sorry to hear about your fish.

But do you think the RCS were the ones to kill the scarlet badis? They're about the same size. It just seems a little unbelievable that they would do that lol.

Back
Top Bottom