Scat fish needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CBDFarm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well my scat fish today has been swimming upside down, on its back, all day in a corner. We tried to move him and he freaks out and kicks sand everywhere then finds a corner again and just keep "swimming towards it". He is breathing very fast. Been like this most of the day. Cleaned the filter and did a half change on water. No other fish seem sick. We have eels, dragon fish, bala shark fish, rose fin shark, and a few little guys. Here is a video(s)
Sick scar fish

Tank when they are all happy

It is still alive, I feel bad, it is just swimming in place, almost looks like it's having a seizure. Any help?

Looks pretty bad IMO. How did you go about cleaning the filter? Did you clean the media? This is where beneficial bacteria live and reproduce. If you killed that then you have set the tank into a full on cycle, stressing fish. I don't know what is wrong with it but I hope someone else here can help you with it.

Looks pretty bad IMO. How did you go about cleaning the filter? Did you clean the media? This is where beneficial bacteria live and reproduce. If you killed that then you have set the tank into a full on cycle, stressing fish. I don't know what is wrong with it but I hope someone else here can help you with it.

I didn't fully clean the filter, i left the "bio zone" area normal as the other fish aren't affected. If the problem goes on for another day or so I may have to put the big guy down. Sad to see him act like he is swimming but just laying there. After the cleaning I also added stress coat to try and help. All the other fish seem happy and doing the usual. These fish are all a few years old, can't give exact age as I got them from someone else awhile ago some time last year. (got the fish,pump,filter, 70 gallon tank,stand, decorations, bubbler, lights, etc for 100 bucks, what a steal) So I am a newbie. I might try giving him a pea for swim bladder disease when I get home and see how that goes.

Sorry for the loss :( Everyone loses fish every now and then and it happens. Don't let it take you down, it is a mistake to learn from and although it involved an animals life it is informing us that we need to learn. It looked like a very pretty fish, sad to see him go.

Back
Top Bottom