School of Killifish / Gouramis / rainbows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blueyedbombshel

Aquarium Advice Regular
Which is better? Have seen gorgeous hardy species. I have a 10 gallon in the process so I'm considering all of them. However I know it's not all about looks. Any one have suggestions or experience? Was going to go with livebearers but they would reproduce too quickly in a ten..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Most gouramis are to large for a ten. Same goes for the rainbows. I don't really know a lot about killies but there is some smaller ones.

Fishobsessed7

That's what I have been finding out.. Any ideas on how many pairs per gallon??

Five 3" fish every 20 gallons.

It really depends on the type of fish. Can give us some more specific species so we can help you better?

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Five 3" fish every 20 gallons.

That is a general rule and really doesn't work.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Which is better? Have seen gorgeous hardy species. I have a 10 gallon in the process so I'm considering all of them. However I know it's not all about looks. Any one have suggestions or experience? Was going to go with livebearers but they would reproduce too quickly in a ten..

Killifish are a bit sensitive to water conditions and don't typically school. Most gouramis get too big - maybe a pair of Dwarf Gourami? Same with rainbows - most grow too large but there are some dwarf rainbows that might work. 10 gal is too small for most schooling fish although neon and cardinal tetras (and a few other tetras) would be nice - easy to care for and very attractive. Or CHerry Barbs.

Beautiful choices but I know by experience that rainbows and gouramis are sensitive to water conditions changes which is likely to happen in nano tanks... Keep up with the water changes regardless of what you pick. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom