schooling fish for a 55 gal planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkthevandal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i'm looking for suggestions on a good schooling fish for my 55 gal planted tank i currently have mollies, platies guppies, and a pair of kribs in the tank now and want something that will school well. any suggestions would be great. thanks.

I have some glow light tetras in mine. They look pretty cool in my opinion. Cardinals or neons would be another good choice. I also have danios but I would certainly be happy if I hadn't gotten them. They are constantly all over the place and seem to never slow down.

Glow fish (colored zebra danios) or regular zebra danios are a good choice. Get at least 6. They look cool and swim all over the place. I have them in my 55 gallon with some angels. Good stuff :)

Cardinal Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras or Emperor Tetras look good. just be careful, I would understock the tank with a pair of Kribs. If they start breeding they will defend their territory and other fish just need some space to get out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom