Schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently I am running a 55gal reef tank with 2 black clowns and 2 Bangaii cardinals. I would like to add a small group of schooling fish but I am unsure which would work best. I was leaning towards the blue reef chromis because blue is my favorite color and I love the personalities of the little guys but live aquaria is currently out of stock. Anyone have any another suggestions? I am open to them all :)

Not a whole lot of schooling fish appropriate for a 55. I went through this same issue. Blue reef chromis are beautiful. I do know the blue green chromis are delicate and tend to die easily. Some people think of them as disposable. Grr.
Blue eyed cardinals are pretty neat, and don't look like the bangaii. I have 5 pajama cardinals and while not super active, they do school somewhat.

Hi

I have 4 green chromis who school with my two clowns lol cute to see them all gathered round a very small torch coral at night!!

Chromis and the went everywhere but did not school and than got 6 blue eye cardinals and there great with the right light they pop

It's at my friends house now but I will try to get a pic and post a pic

Back
Top Bottom