schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally have Platys. I like the multiple color options. Guppies have nice color too with lots of movement.

Well I hope neon tetras school....not shoal...that's what I have and I got a beautiful amazon sword and some mondo grass....

My neons in my 20g are very loose shoalers. I'd recommend rummy nose tetras as they generally school together very tightly.

I am not a newbie, just re-entering it! I have fallen in love with tetras! I have Red minor serpaes, Long fin and regular, and the school together, yet a totally neat look! Red and black - long fins really catch the eye! Good luck!!

If you have a schooling fish that travels about on it's own, it is said to mean that the fish are comfortable and feel safe enough in the environment to venture off on their own.

Rummy nose tetras and neons are both schooling fish and work well together but were it my tank I would go with a different body shape tetra. Lemon tetra's do tend to school, they color up very nice once they settle in, and it give you a yellow fish with that touch of red on it's upper iris. And as mentioned above Rasbora's would look really good also.

I personally have Platys. I like the multiple color options. Guppies have nice color too with lots of movement.

Neither of those are schooling fish, but they are very social and like to hang out. Some schooling fish are mainly tetras, danios, and rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom