Schooling Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rose22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just given a 10 gallon aquarium for my classroom! One of the other biology teachers had 1 lone goldfish that died this last week. He was going to take it down and store it, but I said I would take it. I switched it from gravel to sand, but mixed a few handfuls of tank gravel in with the sand to seed the sand with BB. I'm using the same filter, heater, decor, plants, etc that was initially in there. Do I still need to do a fishless cycle, or should it be ok?

I want to do a tight school of something. I was thinking harlequin rasboras, rummy nose, maybe something else? I want to do a single species and maybe include a cleanup fish/shrimp/snail. I do want the fish to swim around some, but dont want anything as distractingly spastic as danios, or tiger barbs. Suggestions? If you could give me a little info on whatever you suggest (# to get, temperament, anything special they need) that would be great. Thanks.

Well, I have decided to pull all my danios out of my big tank at home and put them into this tank at school. That way I can get a few more corys in the big tank and my lone cory will have some friends. Everyone wins and I dont have to buy more fish.

Back
Top Bottom