Schooling Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueramboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for a school of fish to go in my ten gallon that currently holds 3 guppies and a dwarf gourami. I was originally going to go with neon tetras but because of how sensitive they are, I may go with something different. So what small schools have you kept in a ten gallon? Also ones particularly at petsmart or petco as they are my only fish stores. Thanks!!!:fish2:

I keep golden White Cloud Mountain minnows. They're pretty great IMO. Just make sure they fit your temp parameters. They do ok in warmer waters but it speeds their metabolism so they need to eat more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would put the guppies in something larger. Ember tetras, dwarf rasboras, emerald dwarf rasboras, maybe the Pygmy cories.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Celestial pearl danios are also beautiful IMO, though I've never owned them so I would do some research.

+1 for glowlight tetras. I find they like having live plants in their tank. Just my opinion. :)

Did you hear? I'm starting a group called AA... for Aquaholics Anonymous! ;)

Thanks for all the responses!!!! I'm now looking more into skirt, bloodfin, buenos aires, and bleeding heart tetras. Anyone with experience with these? Still may just go with neon tetras.

Have you looked into cardinal tetras? They are neon tetras hardier cousin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oops nvm here's some actual picsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423096664.726165.jpg(CPD)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423096686.819252.jpg(green neon)

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Yes I wouldn't mind cardinal tetras or CPD's but neither petsmart or petco sell them and I really don't want to order.

Buenos aires are too big. Red serpae tetras are ok. They are a little bigger than the neon tetras.

What about Von Rio Flame Tetras? I can't find much on them but Petsmart says a ten gallon would work(not a reliable source though).

Oh yeah sorry. Petsmart and percolate have cardinal and glow light tetras though. They're both super cool too. I have 7 fish stores in my area. All of them but 3 are absolutely terrible, an one is heavenly. I've seen stuff like wild rams, killifish, CPDs, and the strangest plecs there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yes I wouldn't mind cardinal tetras or CPD's but neither petsmart or petco sell them and I really don't want to order.

My Petco ordered the CPDs for me, at no additional cost. This way they weren't shipped to me, I just picked them up the day after they got them in.

Back
Top Bottom