Scotch-brite no scratch pads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if I could use this in my fish tank for algae. It looks similar to the ones bought from the pet store, except it says "not for aquarium use". I was wondering if they put this on for liability purposes, or if it actually would harm the fish, because the GE I silicone or whatever that some people use for their fish tanks also says that is isnt for aquarium use, but it still worked. Possibly the pads have some sort of anti-bacterial to keep away smell?

I just used this last week in my tank before I noticed it said "not for aquarium use". I squeezed it first and I didn't see any soap in it, so I used it. I don't have fish in the tank that I cleaned. If I did I may have been more cautious about using it. I have live plants and all the plants look fine. There is an 800 number on the package. I may call and see what they say.

Oh oops, I didn't see that warning (just looked at the package in my drawer and sure enough it's there). I used them recently, but lightly thinking they would scratch. I have since then found a scrubbing pad especially for glass. I haven't used it yet but it's suppose to be for things like glass stove tops, showers, etc...(Weiman Cook Top Scrubbing Pads) I think the issue with the Scotch-brite is the abrasive quality. At least I hope so. I used one a couple of weeks ago in Tank 1 and all seems well. In fact tested water this morning and that's fine too.

Back
Top Bottom