Scott's 4 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything is doing jolly! Haven't really had any problems. I'm splitting like 4 new polyps on my candy can and a new polyp on the zoas and my coco worm is out day and night.

Firefish and clown goby mostly hide all day. They suck!

scottayy said:
Everything is doing jolly! Haven't really had any problems. I'm splitting like 4 new polyps on my candy can and a new polyp on the zoas and my coco worm is out day and night.

Firefish and clown goby mostly hide all day. They suck!

LOL! Silly fish! At least the coral and worm are fun to look at. :)

Yes they are! Gotta get some flowy stuff in there so I can watch it sway to and Fro lol.

Did a 1 gallon pwc today because my nitrates were at 50. Hmm. Must be the two fish.

scottayy said:
Yes they are! Gotta get some flowy stuff in there so I can watch it sway to and Fro lol.

Did a 1 gallon pwc today because my nitrates were at 50. Hmm. Must be the two fish.

Most likely the two fish.

I've decided this tank is going to act as my little quarantine tank for the two nano fish I have in there. In a month or so I'll move them over to my 55 and this tank will be coral only.

I was wondering if you were going to move them into your big tank! Are you going to have inverts in the coral tank? Maybe some sexy shrimp or peppermint shrimp or something?

Really? I just got the idea this morning lol. I don't know! Possibly.. Or it could be a frag tank!

scottayy said:
Really? I just got the idea this morning lol. I don't know! Possibly.. Or it could be a frag tank!

Yeah, after you got the purple firefish and then decided you would trade it in when it got bigger I thought- why doesn't it go into his 55? But then I couldn't remember what was in your 55 and thought you had already thought of it and decided against it. So I didn't say anything. LOL!

Thanks for asking! Yeah he's doing good. He likes to hide more than I've ever seen any clown goby.. But when I squirt in some mysis or formula one he'll chase it down.

scottayy said:
Thanks for asking! Yeah he's doing good. He likes to hide more than I've ever seen any clown goby.. But when I squirt in some mysis or formula one he'll chase it down.

That's great! Maybe he'll start coming out more in a few days. :) at least he's eating!

This is the worst quarantine tank ever! Nitrates are already back up to 50 lol.

But my zoas have a new polyp and the candy can has four new heads splitting. They must love dirty water.

I get the strong urge to put them in my 55 now :( I know I can't though.

This is the worst quarantine tank ever! Nitrates are already back up to 50 lol.

But my zoas have a new polyp and the candy can has four new heads splitting. They must love dirty water.

I get the strong urge to put them in my 55 now :( I know I can't though.

get those fish out of that tank they will cause you to have crazy nitrates.

i spot feed my corals like 2-3 times a week and i have to do a water change after each one. but my tank is a bit unstable in its cycle right now its ridiculous

I had one of those pink/white feather dusters...one of my snails ate it up same day. $16.00!! Expensive viddles grrr

Hey I've had an outbreak of red slime cyano algae in my 4g reef tank and my 40g reef tank. Have any of y'all used chemiclean red slime algae remover? I've heard good about it and all my parameters look good but it keeps popping up. Low bioload also.

Chemiclean is the only way I've ever gotten rid of cyano. Every setup I've ever done went through a cyano stage but not this one yet!

scottayy said:
Chemiclean is the only way I've ever gotten rid of cyano. Every setup I've ever done went through a cyano stage but not this one yet!

I haven't had cyano yet and I'm crossing my fingers for both if us! :)

Back
Top Bottom