SCWD ("squid") Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serpentman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just received my SQWD wavemaker and am wondering if it can be used in a submersed application in the tank? I may have misunderstood its application as I was not aware that it was supposed to go in line on your return line.

I don't think it matters either way. I have seen them installed both ways and have been thinking of getting one myself.

I don't see any reason why it would matter. There's no electricity involved in the wavemaker...it's all mechanical.

I have to say I am pretty disappointed in the SCWD. I don't know what I expected for 38.99. I installed the unit yesterday. One thing I learn is that if the unit has air trapped in it, it makes an ear-piercing screetch. Once I got that ironed out it operated for about 24 hours with no problems. This afternoon it has developed an annoying click whenever it switches directions. Think I am going to send it back.

*edit: I figured out the problem. Was too quick to blame the unit. Turned out that when it switch directions the sudden change cause the pump to slide against the glass.

I've thought about buying one. Marc Levenson from Melevsreef uses one on one his small tanks. Some of the comments on the internet are that your corals and Zenia and such like the change in current.

So, how is the alternating wave action?

Yes I am happy again (for now :wink: )

The alternating wave action is pretty good. Its sure stirring things up again in my tank which is a good thing.

Everything I have read indicates that corals will benefit from the movement (i.e. opening up, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom