sea apples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marquis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have anything to say about these guy yes iv heard they'll nuke your tank etc. Just wondering if anyone has their own personal stories not interested in what you've read or heard because likely iv heard or read it already

i had a experience with one.i use to have fish hidding behind it annd there wasnt a problem.one day i dried to move it after haveing it for a year and 6 fish died by morning.my clowns lived,yellow goby and a emerald crab and pencil sea urchin lived.as long as you dont try to move them you'll be alright.they are really cool to watch eating and they are colorful

dwint said:
i had a experience with one.i use to have fish hidding behind it annd there wasnt a problem.one day i dried to move it after haveing it for a year and 6 fish died by morning.my clowns lived,yellow goby and a emerald crab and pencil sea urchin lived.as long as you dont try to move them you'll be alright.they are really cool to watch eating and they are colorful

Iv had to move mine a few times plus it decided to get all intimate with a 200 watt heater i came home and it looked like it was melting i freaked threw it in my qt tank expecting it to die this was 5 months ago the scar is almost healed it grew back its 2 feeding tenticles that it lost and is filtering again nothing was ever harmed in my tank im just wondering if i should sell it or put it in my 70 gallon reef id hate to sell it since mine seems bullet proof compared to what ppl have said

Brooklyn2la said:
Oh yes! Unless you want to experience my headache.

how long did you have yours? and i definitely don't think moving mine would kill it considering iv moved it many times nothing in tank harmed and its fully recovered from a serious heater burn

Brooklyn2la said:
Oh yes! Unless you want to experience my headache.

Just read your thread sorry about your fish but my tank is set up a lil dif than yours your headache was a multiple of issues one i think being bioload. IMO most of what ppl say about sea apples is hype but it is fact they do release toxins into the tank if stressed and these can kill your fish. I have had mine in my 50 gallon happy for at least a year and a half he has been threw hell, never once has he caused water quality issues or nuked my tank. Maybe because i have a 40 gallon sump with a good skimmer and a ton of live rock also a low bioload 2 three strip damsels pistol and shimp pair and a mithrex crab. Or maybe im just lucky and my sea apple is chuck Norris knock on wood lol

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Actually I had a sea apple for 2 1/2 yrs in a 70 gal with triggers & puffers- nothing ever happened. Go figure...

Brooklyn2la said:
I'll keep my fingers crossed. Actually I had a sea apple for 2 1/2 yrs in a 70 gal with triggers & puffers- nothing ever happened. Go figure...

that's the kinda info i like to hear their an amazing animal

Back
Top Bottom