sea glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
decorative item i think a blue or green piece would look nice. i mean its glass and our tanks are made outa glass

Those edges look kinda sharp, so I wouldn't recommend it. Fish might injure themselves. If you want to use it, I'd grind down the edges til they were smooth first.

Ohhhh....sorry... I totally didn't see that this thread was in SW so I was thinking of a FW aquarium... I don't know if those would work for SW...so sorry. I would wait until an expert chimes in.

Glass should be neutral in saltwater. Corals like Xenia do fine adhered to the tanks glass, so don't see why it wouldn't on the raw glass you showed.

I had sea glass in mine that i gathered from Dominica (very neat black sand beach) it was very smooth, but I ended up taking it out. I had put them in the tank along with other items from the beach. I ended up taking them out, no proof there was a problem, but I had a lot of hair algae that I couldn't pin point the source. No glass in the tank now, and no hair algae either. *shrugs* could be coincedence, but I won't put any in again.

Back
Top Bottom