Seachem Aquavitro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I keep seeing this stuff and I have been wondering what "stuff" I should put in my planted tanks.

So I have a little 7.5g with a bunch of plants, using RO water with Replenish, Fluval stratum, the little Fluval Mini C02 system and I also dose Flourish.

Then I have my big 150g with Jungle Val, Crypts, Giant Hair Grass and Java Fern that I use root tabs in and dose Flourish, Flourish Potasium and Excel.

And then my 29g Hill Stream tank with Jungle Val, Italian Val, and a Java Fern where I have tabs for the Vals and dose the same but smaller amounts and less Excel.

When should I use Flourish Iron and trace and phosphate and all that stuff? I use potassium sense it isn't obtained from fish waist or food like nitrates and phosphates.

So about this Aquavitro stuff, what the heck are they for... the only one I have bought and come to understand is Premier which is a "planted tank" de-chlorinater. I guess it makes ammonium and potassium when it reacts with chlorine witch is good for planted tanks?

Envy: comprehensive carbohydrate, vitamin, amino acid, and polyunsaturated fatty acid supplement for plants. Dah what?

Propel:

• a concentrated (10,000 mg/L) source of ferrous iron.
  • propels plant growth
  • mixture of readily available and time-released iron
  • converts existing ferric iron into ferrous form
So is it better than flourish iron? When do need iron, doesn't Excel help with that a little?

Synthesis:

• a concentrated (32,000 mg/L N) nitrogen source
  • synthesis of ammoniacal, nitrate, and organic nitrogen
  • use with activate™ to provide nitrogen and phosphorus in a 5:1 N:p ratio
Again... ahhhh wut?

Activate

• a concentrated (6,000 mg/L P) phosphorus source
  • activates vital chemical reactions within plants
  • enhances and accelerates the growth of aquatic plants without enhancing algae growth
  • source of potassium
Sooooo phosphorus and potassium? Fertilizer... cool

Last mineralize and carboante... when do I use these? Are these mainly for reconditioning R/O water or what?

• blend of divalent salts designed to restore or increase general hardness.
  • standard dose raises GH by 1 meq/L (2.8 dGH)
Replenish and Equalibrum both have more stuff in them than mineralize.

Description

Carbonate hardness, (KH), is a measure of the bicarbonate & carbonate content of the water. Carbonate hardness contributes to pH stability and can also act as a CO2 backup reserve if CO2 levels fall too low.
carbonate™ is derived from potassium bicarbonate. It increases both carbonate hardness and potassium. The concentration of carbonate™ is 2000 meq/L (5600 dKH). In addition, it contains 78,300 mg/L potassium.

When is Carbonate better?

As you can see, fish companies really really enjoy using fancy wording to try and make their product sound better than it is.

Imho, skip the premixed ferts and go with dry ferts instead. They will last a long long time and cost way way less since you aren't paying for the water in the mixed ferts.

You can pick the ferts up at green leaf aquariums. In your situation I would go with a pps pro pack and follow a dosing regimen for that. Just skip mixing in the potassium nitrate that comes with it. Most tanks don't need more nitrate.

As you can see, fish companies really really enjoy using fancy wording to try and make their product sound better than it is.

Imho, skip the premixed ferts and go with dry ferts instead. They will last a long long time and cost way way less since you aren't paying for the water in the mixed ferts.

You can pick the ferts up at green leaf aquariums. In your situation I would go with a pps pro pack and follow a dosing regimen for that. Just skip mixing in the potassium nitrate that comes with it. Most tanks don't need more nitrate.
But are those just possasium, nitrogen and phosphate or do they have the trace stuff in asewell?

And can i regen purigen with premier?

But are those just possasium, nitrogen and phosphate or do they have the trace stuff in asewell?

And can i regen purigen with premier?
They are what they say they are. the only thing that has trace elements is the micro ferts mix. Those packs really do give everything you need to fertilize a tank.

Back
Top Bottom