Seachem Flourish Excel vs. Metricide 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to revive the thread and steal it, but has anyone been able to find metricide 14 in Canada for a decent price? The ones I've been able to find are shipped from the states and with shipping cost close to $40 a gallon... Excel from my LFS is like 15-17 per 500ml so I still save like 20-28 bucks but would be nice to save the amount you guys do lol. Also what is the difference between the 14 day and 28 day solution if any?

Sorry to revive the thread and steal it, but has anyone been able to find metricide 14 in Canada for a decent price? The ones I've been able to find are shipped from the states and with shipping cost close to $40 a gallon... Excel from my LFS is like 15-17 per 500ml so I still save like 20-28 bucks but would be nice to save the amount you guys do lol. Also what is the difference between the 14 day and 28 day solution if any?

I don't live in Canada so I wouldn't know. Metricide 14 is hard to find and you would probably find it at a medical store. I don't really know however because I've never used it. I ended up just buying flourish excel from my lfs, called aquatic warehouse. It was $7 for 250 ml, pretty expensive if you ask me. I was going to buy the metricide 14 but I don't want to buy shipping and my lfs is near by. Overall the two are basically the same thing... Thanks for everyone's info :)

I believe it is Cidex 14 that you want to look for in Canada. It's 2.4% Glutaraldehyde where as Metricide 14 is 2.8% Glut.

Back
Top Bottom