seachem flourish line!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i have been looking for what ferts to use and so far ive been using seachem root tabs and since monday ive been using potassium which other flourish products will you guys recommend besides excel

I use excel every day and flourish comprehensive once a week. I don't have high light or use co2 so that works great for me

I think the comprehensive and root tabs are the two I would definitely use, the others only if proven necessary.

I would highly recommend getting dry ferts. They will save you money in the long run and allow you more control.

With any of the liquid fert lines you are essentially mostly paying for water.

ohhhh ive been looking for dry ferts but they always point me to root tabs what could be a good dry fert or some good ones????, also what can i feed my java fern that i tied to the driftwood?????? and going off topic for a second how long will it take my java fern to attach to the driftwood???????

abrahamavelar said:
i also heard some ppl talking a bout ozmocote or something like that what is that???

Osomocote is terrestrial plant fertilizer granules. They can be used to make DIY fert tabs. Good if you don't rearrange your plants, bad if you do. They can come to the surface of you substrate and cause algae blooms or ammonia spikes. There are certain kinds of osmocote that are better than others. I use it without any problems.

abrahamavelar said:
Ohhh but u still have to mix it with something else???

No. Depending on what one you buy there can be a wetting agent (blue balls) mixed in with the rest of the fertilizer that have to be picked out before you can use it.

ohhh ok do all have the blue balls??????????? and how often do u have to dose, the reason im asking this its because have been using root tabs and have been getting excellent results but i have some java fern that its tight to a piece of driftwood and dont know how will they do without dosing or what can i do so they attach to it faster and grow

abrahamavelar said:
ohhh ok do all have the blue balls??????????? and how often do u have to dose, the reason im asking this its because have been using root tabs and have been getting excellent results but i have some java fern that its tight to a piece of driftwood and dont know how will they do without dosing or what can i do so they attach to it faster and grow

Your java fern will be fine. They can live in tanks with no ferts. :) They are slow growers but it will attach eventually. Mine took months! I'm not sure about the osmocote in the states but here in Aus they all do because we've been in drought for so long. They are the same as root tabs so dose every month or two.

Your java fern will be fine. They can live in tanks with no ferts. :) They are slow growers but it will attach eventually. Mine took months! I'm not sure about the osmocote in the states but here in Aus they all do because we've been in drought for so long. They are the same as root tabs so dose every month or two.

oh ok so ill have to look and see if they do, so u just get a few and burry them or how is it done?????

Lol bet they don't taste like them!

hahaha i guess i will have to keep them away from m lil sister

Back
Top Bottom