Seachem Flourish Tabs Invert Safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

Has anyone used the Seachem flourish tabs and have inverts in the same tank? I know shrimp are especially sensitive to elements in the water but I was wondering if anyone here has used these and if they are indeed shrimp/invert safe?

I have heard of some ferts killing peoples shrimp, but i wasn't sure if it applied to all ferts or that the people i hear this from didn't dose properly or if the death was coincidence and blamed on the ferts.

img3041193med.jpg

Thanks
Pleco

I have not heard of this potentially being a problem. I've used this product with amano shrimp and mystery snails in the tank with no ill effects.

Many people are leary of using liquid ferts in an aquarium with shrimp. Usually these are the more rare shrimp and does not include Amanos, Ghost shrimp, or Cherry Red Shrimp. There isn't necessarily any conclusive proof that the ferts caused any problems with the rarer shrimp, but considering the cost of these shrimp most end up playing it safe. As long as the root tabs are buried deep in the substrate and not disturbed, they shouldn't pose any problem.

I don't use any tabs in my shrimp tanks, but like Purrbox said I would make sure and bury them. Not because of what would leach into the water, I'd be afraid the shrimp would eat them!

I got an official response from Seachem, I am surprised they replied to my email so fast!

Thanks for all the advice, I feel safer using it now :)

Hello Ed,
I understand your concern about the amounts. The copper is present at a very low level. Some nutrients are required for proper development at low levels. One might compare it to Vitamin A. We need Vitamin A in low doses, but in higher doses it is toxic. The levels present of copper in the Flourish Tabs are well with in a safe range of use. This research was based on the National Academy of Science. The Tabs do not just dissolve once placed in water. Flourish Tabs are fine to use even with shrimp present in the water.
Seachem Support
Tech Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc.
1000 Seachem Drive, Madison, GA 30650
888-SEACHEM Fax 706-343-6070
seachem.com - jurassipet.com - watergardenoasis.com - avipet.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back
Top Bottom