SeaClear Acrylic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
My dream tank is a 40g SeaClear Acrylic tank. Is this brand good?

It's fine, to my knowledge. The major cons to acrylic tanks are that they scratch really easily and they are much more expensive than a glass tank of a comparable size. The pros are that the clarity is better than glass (I believe), the seams are chemically bonded so much less chance of leakage, acrylic tanks are stronger, and they are also much lighter than glass.

If you really want to drool, check out Tenecor Custom Aquariums - We Beat Any Price - Commercial Aquariums - Acrylic Aquariums - Home Aquarium Designs - Acrylic Reef Aquariums - Artificial Coral.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I'll take a look! So, do they scratch just by having sand or gravel inside?

No, but they're really easy to scratch while cleaning. All it takes are a few grains of sand or a piece of gravel to get in between the cleaning pad and the acrylic and the damage is done. ;)

Oh dear... that sounds obnoxious... what really interested me was the lack of seams though... They look so beautiful! Maybe I can put up with a few scratches!

Back
Top Bottom