seahorses have died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LizRich

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:(hello everyone - my sister had 2 seahorses after carefully preparing her aquarium - they were kudis.

After 6 weeks they died - the first one started with a white tail and died 2 days later, the second showed white tail end and was dead the next morning.

My question to all you experienced people out there is how can we prevet it happening again?

The water remained good, but I have been told they became stressed, the mucous on their bodies became weakened and they succumbed to neo somethings in the aquarium which possibly resides in the living rock. I was told if someone put their hand in the tank this is enough to stress the seahorses - this did happen to add a new coral after 2 weeks.

I would appreciate any information and advice you can offer as she intends to buy another 2, but not til mid October to allow anything in the tank to recover.

Thank you for reading this and I hope your aquarium and contents are giving you lots of pleasure and not too much anxiety!

Liz

Back
Top Bottom