SeanMonster's 90g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kio707 said:
That's crazy... Never heard of that..

Yea, I was shocked too, but I have a really good lfs (as seen by the stock I've purchased) and they said they are not surprised. They have seen some pretty crazy things over the years.

BTW, can you keep 3 Fairy Wrasses together? Just trying to decide on a replacement.

SeanMonster said:
Yea, I was shocked too, but I have a really good lfs (as seen by the stock I've purchased) and they said they are not surprised. They have seen some pretty crazy things over the years.

BTW, can you keep 3 Fairy Wrasses together? Just trying to decide on a replacement.

I have an exquisite, orange back, and Solon... So, yes u can

Kio707 said:
I have an exquisite, orange back, and Solon... So, yes u can

Thanks Kio. I'll keep you posted. Took the day off tomorrow so, hopefully, I can catch him and get him returned.

Added a Millipora and another Lobo. Tried to get the Kole Tang out over a couple of days, but to no avail. He doesn't seem to be doing anything else, so going to ride it out.

Attachments

• image-2650881539.jpg
    image-2650881539.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2479132949.jpg
    image-2479132949.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 118
New additions today: Pink Cap and Aussie Duncan.

Attachments

• image-1565011649.jpg
    image-1565011649.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image-143971766.jpg
    image-143971766.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 133
Added an Encrusting Hydno (2 pics) and a Purple Torch (not fully out yet).

Attachments

• image-1605975674.jpg
    image-1605975674.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3212121823.jpg
    image-3212121823.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1616950293.jpg
    image-1616950293.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 87
sean.... wow... your tank is amazing!!! and such a short time and soooooo many corals youve purchased!!! omg, its gonna take me forever to get that many even with my buddy that sells frags! lol all and all... very very good job :)

I was thinking of doing a Kole Tang and maybe a yellow Tang as well... im still very undecided on what im doing as far as stock. or maybe a Kole Tang and Foxface

DanS180 said:
sean.... wow... your tank is amazing!!! and such a short time and soooooo many corals youve purchased!!! omg, its gonna take me forever to get that many even with my buddy that sells frags! lol all and all... very very good job :)

I was thinking of doing a Kole Tang and maybe a yellow Tang as well... im still very undecided on what im doing as far as stock. or maybe a Kole Tang and Foxface

Just food for thought, my Kole Tang has eaten 2 Bubble Corals. Thanks for checking it out. I had actually saved a bit of cash so I could go "all in". I don't have patience for a long haul project :).

Just food for thought, my Kole Tang has eaten 2 Bubble Corals. Thanks for checking it out. I had actually saved a bit of cash so I could go "all in". I don't have patience for a long haul project :).

Well if i go with a Kole, ill just have to steer clear of bubble corals or try one and see what happens, not every fish is the same..

and yeah unfortunately i dont have any cash flow but i still managed to get this 90 up n running lol so itll be a while before its stocked... but im fine with that... keeps it fun :)

DanS180 said:
Well if i go with a Kole, ill just have to steer clear of bubble corals or try one and see what happens, not every fish is the same..

and yeah unfortunately i dont have any cash flow but i still managed to get this 90 up n running lol so itll be a while before its stocked... but im fine with that... keeps it fun :)

I agree. And I'm playing a waiting game now myself. I want to convert my 180g FO to a reef, but with the equipment that I need to get, it's going to be awhile. I'm hoping by the time I can do it, I'll be able to do some stocking with frags from my 90g. Everything is on hold until I get a new roof on the house. Don't think the Mrs. would be happy with raindrops falling on her head. Haha.

I agree. And I'm playing a waiting game now myself. I want to convert my 180g FO to a reef, but with the equipment that I need to get, it's going to be awhile. I'm hoping by the time I can do it, I'll be able to do some stocking with frags from my 90g. Everything is on hold until I get a new roof on the house. Don't think the Mrs. would be happy with raindrops falling on her head. Haha.

nah ya definitely have to take care of the roof first! haha but thats okay.. it gives you time to save up for equipment, pretty much what i had to do for my 90 right now. oh well.. as everyone always says "everything great comes from doing things slowly in SW" or something along those lines hahaha

DanS180 said:
nah ya definitely have to take care of the roof first! haha but thats okay.. it gives you time to save up for equipment, pretty much what i had to do for my 90 right now. oh well.. as everyone always says "everything great comes from doing things slowly in SW" or something along those lines hahaha

Yeah, and its not like I don't enjoy my FO. Also making sure I can keep the coral healthy in the 90g before I commit to a bigger tank. :)

DanS180 said:
what kind of fish do u have in the bigger tank?

Dogface Puffer, Green Wolf Eel, Powder Blue Tang, Naso Tang, Blue Spotted Toby, Tomato Clown, Pinktail Trigger, Green Bird Wrasse and a Female Banana Wrasse.

Dogface Puffer, Green Wolf Eel, Powder Blue Tang, Naso Tang, Blue Spotted Toby, Tomato Clown, Pinktail Trigger, Green Bird Wrasse and a Female Banana Wrasse.

very nice! what are u gonna do with the puffer and trigger when it comes time for corals??? or r u gonna try n keep them with corals?

Back
Top Bottom