Seio Aquarium Water Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
never heard of them !! but they look like a cheaper version of a tunze stream which if there half as good for that price why not right !! thanks kinda like that design !!

Sorry to revive this thread but I saw Marine Depot put these pumps on sale. Anyone use one. 620 gph pump in the tank seems like a lot. I seem to have too many dead spots though...

I just picked the line up and must say the are built pretty well. They work nice to. To early to tell long term though.

I read some on RC about these and most say they don't have the starting issues of the old RIOs. Most there go with the 820 though. This is a lot of flow!

Darin, can you meet or beat the Marine Depot price for the 620? PM me what you can do or post here. Might get some orders going :)

i can beat them by a little. The 620 i $36.95 and the 820 is $50. They are not on the site yet so shot me a PM or E-mail if you want to order one.

I just ordered a 620 from Mainedepot for $28.95 ($7.99 shipping). I'll let you know the results, mabey I'll write a review since its a fairly new product.

Hey guys,
Been using a pair of M620s on my 55g with an "unrecommended" wave timer for about 3 months and I have had no issues yet. Rio does not recommend that their Seio line be utilized with a wave maker device. They will be putting out their own line of wave makers/timers at the MACNA show. Their timer is supposingly a variable voltage that would eliminate the hard startups that eventually fry the impeller assembly. But as I said, for the little bit more than a MSRP MJ1200, why not try it.
As for flow, I love it! It simulates the expensive Tunze powerheads in terms of high dispersed flow versus a stream jet on ordinary powerheads. Great for SPS keepers. Most people mount it "Tunze style" by taking off the cover & directional spout. Comes with a lot of different brackets & a pivoting ball bracket to aim the flow up or down & side to side.

Well I received mine yesterday and I have to say, I'm kinda dissapointed. I expected alot more flow than what this thing puts out. I only fooled with it for a little bit because I guess I better spend most of my time getting ready to evacuate for this hurricane.

Pecan, is there a flow setting that you can adjust on these things?

Compared to the 1200, I think they (1200) put out more flow, maybe I'm missing something here.

Later

GrndHog,
Make sure that you have the diffuser (the cylinder shaped housing with the slotted grates) fully opened. Also, if you take off the deflector and run it "Tunze style" you'll receive a higher flow than what the unit is rated.
Also remember that these are not turbulent "stream" or "jet" style powerheads, rather a high flow dispersed pattern. If you place your hand in front of the unit, you should feel a pretty powerful stream & as you move away 1-2 ft, you will noticed the wide dispersed flow.
Personally, I like this type of flow much better than the "jet" type that would peel the skin off my SPS if pointed staight at them.
Another reason why I can tell that the gph is there, is that my clams on the sandbed (which the Seios are not pointed at) have their mantles flapping around as the units alternate on & off.

I have the smaller of the two Seios going in my 120 just for some more current and while it's not super strong, I did order the smaller of the two and I can't say that I'm not satisfied so far...It's been going on the tank for about three months without any problems.

I got mine today(620) I will get it on my tank after a short trip to FL. Hopefully no hurricanes even though Jane is on her way.

Back
Top Bottom