Selling plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patryuji

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone ever sell plants to their LFS or do most just use ebay or similar places to sell plants? Just wondering...I'm going to have quite a few extra java ferns and the first lfs I asked said they don't buy plants so I figured I might ask here first for other's experiences before I try every single lfs in the area.

BTW- I wouldn't have wanted to sell my plants to that lfs anyways after I saw the "java moss" they had. It was in such bad shape I thought it was the cut leavings from someones lawn (brown, thin and stringy)...nothing at all like my bright green spongy full masses of java moss.

At the Calgary Aquarium Society Auction I attended last month, there was a ton of plants for sale. You could inquire at your local Aquarium Society about auctions or whether they know if the LFS in the area take plants.

i trade in plants for store credit at the LFS. last week i took in a large melon sword, which they sold for $10. I got $5 credit, which is sweet cuz I only paid $2.99 for it originally.

Back
Top Bottom