Set up first aquascape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today is my birthday so I made my first real aquascape! I LOVE how it turned out and can't wait for everything to grow big and beautiful! It's not perfect, but for my first time I'm thrilled!! Let me know what you guys think and post pictures of your tanks!! Sooo here it is!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302446.252312.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302459.512991.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302475.792317.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302499.054450.jpg
I doubt it but incase anybody is wondering what plants I have here!
. Peacock fern: bought at petsmart came with 5 stems for about $9
. Amazon Sword: bought at petsmart about a month ago and have been growing in a small tank(grew a lot and looks great!) came with two plants (one is in a jar in another tank) and it was about $8
. Dwarf Hairgrass: bought at a local fish store. It was $8 for two huge bunches with AMAZINGLY roots!!!
. Anubias Nano: I really hope I got the name right! But also bought this at the local fish store! It's was $10 :/ and came with a small stem with about 5 leaves. Expensive for how little I got, but it also had good roots already. I really think it will grow well!!

I was at the store when they just got a new plant selection so I watched it be unboxed and see some really cool plants!! I will keep updated on this tank as it grows in!! Oh and also I have 5 little red cherry shrimp in there :) hopefully they will breed! I have males and females!

Sent from my iPhone

Happy birthday! That looks really nice, especially with the black gravel and white rocks. Elegant. I'm envious, I had a bad experience with live plants in a betta tank and it's prevented me from trying it again. After seeing yours and remembering how nice it looks I may have to try at it again.

Good job

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you!! Before I did this one I threw a few plants into a one gallon to see if I could grown them before going big scale! That went well so I got this one!! Next I will do my 10 gallon probably in a month or so. But it can be frustrating especially when the plants come uprooted... Spent a few bucks on amazon and bought long tweezer and omg! It helps soooo much!!! Made it sooo easy and fun! I have plants still in the one gallon for when I do my 10 gallon and some in a jar in my 10 gallon for when I do it too. Here is pics of them. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412303527.956837.jpg this is my Amazon sword and micro sword grass in the jar of substrate in my 10 gallon. It's doing well! Cut out some big leaves off of the Amazon sword that weren't doing very well and these littles ones grow like crazy! I see them getting bigger every day! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412303623.905332.jpg that's my one gallon trail tank. I had a filter, heater, and 2 shrimp, but I moved it all out when I was making the new tank because I had to many cords. But I'm leaving the plants and one fish in there until I do my 10 gallon tank :D and I had the Amazon swords in there before. And they all grew sooo well with NO light! They stayed in my room and didn't get much light from the windows or the ceiling light (was usually off) and I never had a tank light for it! I had a tiny lamp that was on for maybe 30 min a day when I fed them and watched them! Also didn't have a supplements other than substrate! So you can make it easy and they still grow! Just used flora max substrate.

Sent from my iPhone

Happy birthday! Good job on the first aquascape. Is the anubias planted in the substrate?

Thank! And yes the roots are not the stem part it took a while to get that done..

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom