Set up with out live sand??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers good afternoon to all you!

Since that I start in this hobby i've been watching lots of tanks , many of them are really greats , another one looks good but sometimes they need some good aqua scape to look awesome. But many of them hasn't live sand!! And that looks awesome to me because this tanks looks super clean and free of algae. I don't know if having a tank without live sand would be a good idea, i don't know if build it like that can handle some bad things to the aquarium or if that kind of aquarium require more attention than the aquariums that got sand in them!!

I like to find a good info about it because In the next couple days I'll get my new tank a. 30 gallons innovative marine , and i will like to set it up without live sand.

Tank you reefers !! Enjoy your days!!

From what I've read there has been a huge rise in the number of people going with a bare bottom look for their tank and mention that its much easier upkeep. Taking into account that there are some species that need to have a substrate, it seems that sand is an unnecessary thing. Personally I went with a live sand substrate because I like the look of sand more than bare bottom tank. I also wanted the extra load of bb that live sand can add and hold.

From what I've read there has been a huge rise in the number of people going with a bare bottom look for their tank and mention that its much easier upkeep. Taking into account that there are some species that need to have a substrate, it seems that sand is an unnecessary thing. Personally I went with a live sand substrate because I like the look of sand more than bare bottom tank. I also wanted the extra load of bb that live sand can add and hold.

Yeah! Your right . But i've seen a lots of healthy aquariums with the bare bottom, this aquariums looks very cool, and corals and fishes looks healthy , and also looks very clean free of algae ! I like to share this picture with all of you. If you guys have pictures like that one, i will like to see them i want to work in my next protect without live sand. And see how that works. Thank you.

Attachments

• image-2366504411.jpg
    image-2366504411.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 86
Yeah! Your right . But i've seen a lots of healthy aquariums with the bare bottom, this aquariums looks very cool, and corals and fishes looks healthy , and also looks very clean free of algae ! I like to share this picture with all of you. If you guys have pictures like that one, i will like to see them i want to work in my next protect without live sand. And see how that works. Thank you.

There are lots of aquariums with and without sand, and free of algae in both cases. No sand does not equal no algae by any means. There are plenty of arguments to support both sides, and it seems to be a matter of personal preference at this point. Read before you decide, and do what's best for your personal situation. Either system does not mean less maintenance, algae or less responsibility that comes along with truly taking care of your tank. IMHO, there's a reason there is sand in the ocean, and that translates into recreating a micro habitat in our reef tanks as best we can in every aspect.

Back
Top Bottom