Setting up a 10 Gallon Guppy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! I am going to have a 10 gallon tank with 4-6 guppies and a Zebra Nerite snail. All the guppies will be male. I have experience only with bettas, so any other tips would be great! I have a few questions...

1. After cycling the tank, can I add all my guppies at once?
2. If I start out with 5 guppies, can I add another later?
3. How many times a day must I feed the guppies? Can anyone give me an idea of the amount of food? Also, can I feed them Freeze-Dried bloodworms every now and then as a treat? Would the same feeding quantity apply?
4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!!!

Welcome to AA!

1) If you do a fishless cycle per the article here on our site, you will be fine adding all the guppies at once.
2) Sure, you can add more later.
3) For feeding, once a day is fine, feed however much they can eat in 2-3 minutes. Try to not have excess food leftover in the tank as this can cause problems.
4) Enjoy it!

Also, for tropical fish you will need a heater (different from bettas) to maintain the temp around 76°F, and you'll want a decent filter for the tank as well.

Thanks!

Thank you very much! I'd like to add that your Rainbow Fish are very pretty and I like your Zebra otto! He's cute :)

Welcome to AA!

1) If you do a fishless cycle per the article here on our site, you will be fine adding all the guppies at once.
2) Sure, you can add more later.
3) For feeding, once a day is fine, feed however much they can eat in 2-3 minutes. Try to not have excess food leftover in the tank as this can cause problems.
4) Enjoy it!

+1. They are at least close to my chat answers. lol

+1. They are at least close to my chat answers. lol
Yes, thanks for the help on chat! I didn't want to bother you with so many questions out of the blue...so I posted this forum.

Posting is good! Multiple opinions are always better than any single one. Neilan is one I routinely learn from and there are quite a few others so asking questions here is never a bad thing. You're on the right track, just be sure to understand cycling. After that, it's all easy or at least fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom