setting up a 72 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rj_22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am also setting up a 72 gallon reef tank,and I know I am going with live rock,live sand,protein skimmer.......and other things.I want to keep non-agressive to medium aggressive fish.Like GS maroon clowns,Purple Tangs,and angel fish.I want to keep inverts,so I do not need triggerfish,groupers or any other fish that like to eat inverts for lunch.Someone please give me some suggestions on some fish and inverts,there is too many options for me to choose from!

Rj_22,

I renamed your thread here so it was not so simular to another thread you had started. I was afraid people might get the two topics mixed up given their name simularity.

One thing to note I see in your post you say "purple tangs" as in more than one. Even with a 72 gal tank personally I dont think you should have more than one in there.

Tangs need lots of swimmign room and can grow to several inches in lenght.

As far as fish I think you have a wide array to pick from. A maroon and a tang would be nice. Maybe a few schooling fish to go along with them.

Inverts, well with a tang I would say a pair of skunk cleaners would be a good addition to help keep the tang free of parasites.

Is there anything aside from the tang and the clown that you would classfy as "must haves"?

I meant purple tang as in singular,not plural.Maybe a pair of Bangai Cardinals,a green mandarinfish,and maybe a goby of some type.What kind of schooling fish do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom