Setting up a Cichlid tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greater-Ajax

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I need lots of advice about this.

Currently my tank has 1 adult male Convict and a bunch of young males. I will be selling all expect the adult and one younger one. I also have a 5" pleco.

I was wanting to add one firemouth, one salvini and one gold severam.

My tank it a 30 gallon. A vary tall and longish tank. It has one heavily planted area and open spot, as well as open swimming area.

Will be taking my measurements later today, but I need lots of advice on what to do. :)

Most likely in adding the stock you want you'll be overstocked...nice selection of fish,if you are able to upgade to a 55g with really good filtration. I am speaking from trial&error,wouldn't want you to get in over as I did not to long ago..the 30g would be great for some dwarf cichlids though...Good Luck

Greater-Ajax said:
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 7
Nitrate: 20
Nitrite less then 0.1

This is about 24 hours after a 80% water change.

Have you had an interuption in your cycle?shouldn't be seeing any at all..

Most likely in adding the stock you want you'll be overstocked...nice selection of fish,if you are able to upgade to a 55g with really good filtration. I am speaking from trial&error,wouldn't want you to get in over as I did not to long ago..the 30g would be great for some dwarf cichlids though...Good Luck

Just wanted to make sure they would not have a death match, since we do have to travel 3 hours to get our supplies and fish.

Have you had an interuption in your cycle?shouldn't be seeing any at all..

Seeing what?

We do not normally do a 80%, so ya... and we just took out The adult male's mate and the rest of the younger females. So that was vary stressful for all of them.

Greater-Ajax said:
Seeing what?

We do not normally do a 80%, so ya... and we just took out The adult male's mate and the rest of the younger females. So that was vary stressful for all of them.

My bad...you shouldn't have any nitrites in your tank..that is if its been cycled,if not&you're doing a fish in cycle you need to monitor all levels daily..

Back
Top Bottom