Setting up a convict tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
With my last order of fish I got some surprise convict fry. Which is perfect, because I have wanted cons for a while and now I have a bunch of extra tanks. Just looking for some care pointers. Would a 20 long be good for a pair (or a 20 tall, I have both, and a 40 if need be). I have two fry right now, and depending on their sex I will probably trade one or the other for an opposite sex if needed to get a pair. Yeah, I know I will be flooded with fry but my puffers will enjoy live feeders.

A 20 long might work but honestly the 40 would be amazing for a pair they would breed like crazy and have plenty of space.

I'm thinking of using the 20 to grow them out and then once I have a second 40 move them into that. How fast do they grow? As of right now they are like half an inch long.

They grow pretty quick mine got to 4 inches in about 4 months. From being about half an inch.

the 20 to start will be fine. my population of them are in a 29 right now. since i just scored another 29 I may split them up as they are showing some size and I just put the parents back together (am I crazy!??!)

Back
Top Bottom