Setting up a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brevilo99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I bought a 20 gallon high and a 29 gallon high tank (just the tanks) and slowly planning out my set up. Going to set up my 20 gallon first. I just painted my stand and I'm really looking forward to getting it going. I was hoping someone might point me in the right direction regarding lighting as I really don't know where to start. I want LED light and will have just a few Anubias plants and maybe some Java Moss on small piece of driftwood. Not heavily planted by all means. I would like a fairly bright tank with the option of something dimmer. What are some decent lights that aren't crazy high in price?

I have several Beamswork lights that I really like. But I don't have any planted tanks, so couldn't say how well they work on veggies. At the higher end I have a Fluval fully adjustable with settings, a Current usa satellite light, and 2 Finnex planted plus lights. I like them all. But they're not cheap options. (I didn't buy any of them new)

I use the beamswork LED lights and you can buy a separate dimmer that you use to control intensity. So I can use it at full power or turn it way down to 1% for nighttime viewing. I love them.

I grow vals, crypts, anubius, Java ferns etc, all pretty low maintence plants but things are thriving. (Think the lights are a little too bright for the anubius because they grow algae unless I position them in the shade.)

Back
Top Bottom