Setting up a planted tank please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshWithGuppies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was planing on setting up a ten gal planted guppy tank and was wondering how many bubbles I should I use or is it based on how many plants are in the tank?Thanks!

(Edit) I want to put maybe anubias nana petite and maby Val. Any recommendations on light?

If your talking about co2 bubble count then u want enough bubble count so that your drop check goes to lime green (or close to) before the lights come on.

There's no set number for any tank u just need to play with it till u get it right :) I'd say 2bps is a good place to start.

Thanks! I will definitely look into this. It seems simple enough!

Just remember a drop checker is just a guide, don't be afraid to push the co2 abit more. Pay attention to your fish, they will let u know when u have gone abit high with the co2.

So if the fish are breathing heavily that's a sign to turn it down? Also, would a fun experience stingray be a good light to grow Val and anubias pitete? Thank you for all your help!

So if the fish are breathing heavily that's a sign to turn it down? Also, would a fun experience stingray be a good light to grow Val and anubias pitete? Thank you for all your help!

Yep that's a sure sign, so is fish gasping at the top of the tank. Not sure on the spec's of that light but anubias and vals don't require a lot of light so u should be fine :)

Pressurised co2?
Dosing EI or seachem flourish?

The stingray should be enough light to grow those plants. Not sure if you need any CO2 in that situation.

DIY pressurized. Works good so far! Thank you for all your help and merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom