Setting up lighting on a 20g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pleechford said:
So I'm setting up a 20

Sorry my iPhone sent that on its own! I'm setting up a 20g planted tank and I want a good t5HO lighting set up. Anyone know of any good brands and can sen some links this way??

20 long or 20 high? Either way, T5HO are a lot of light, so make sure your light matches your needs.

aqua_chem said:
20 long or 20 high? Either way, T5HO are a lot of light, so make sure your light matches your needs.

Well I want to have a heavy planted tank but I don't know what kind of light I need? I have tried CFLs on my 10g and I did not prefer them and would like sufficient lighting for a wide variety of plants

I would pick the plants, and then pick the light. Otherwise, you're very likely to have to much light and end up with algae problems.

CFLs on a 10g can even verge on high light.

aqua_chem said:
I would pick the plants, and then pick the light. Otherwise, you're very likely to have to much light and end up with algae problems.

CFLs on a 10g can even verge on high light.

Okay cool. Id like swords, wisteria, dwarf hair grass, anubias, and xmas moss for right now. Any suggestions to lighting for my plant list?

Back
Top Bottom