Severum Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been watching my severum do this thing almost daily where he will swim straight up and then dive straight back down. I'm not sure if it's something that should raise flags or just dismiss it as a quirk, it just looks odd because I've never seen any of my other fish in the past do it. He spends a few hours a day doing it.

He isn't bloated at all, he eats like a pig, goes to the bathroom fine. He swims perfectly normal when he isn't doing his dive bombing, nobody in the tank picks on him and he's pretty much the peace maker when my rainbows start going after each other. Water quality is all fine: ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How bigs the tank? Sounds like neurotic behavior..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

150 gallons. I've asked other people and they've all mentioned their severums do weird things as well so I'm just going to keep an eye on him but assume it's just him playing around.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

As long as he looks fine and is eating probably just being a goof ball. Mine were always doing weird stuff to entertain me.

Back
Top Bottom