Severum having seizures? Also a fungus growing on its side.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody.

I have a 55g with a full grown bp Cichlid and 2 smaller gold severums, my bigger severum around 3 inches; has this weird seizure looking event. Where he spazzes out and flips and then eventually stops and lays at his side behind some driftwood. I have only seen this happen twice. When it happens I put some stress coat in and so on. Also there is a weird 1 pimple on his side. Looks like a fungus. I will attach and picture. I believe this happened from him having this spasm type thing and then him laying on the gravel causing a fungus to grow.

Also the ph is neutral. It's around 80 degrees in the tank. A lot of hiding spots, and gravel substrate

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388634857.807723.jpg

Picture doesn't show much but it's a pimple looking thing with a white thing sticking out of it

Thanks!

Hi and are you familiar with ick because maybe your fish may have this because when they have It they sometimes swim rapidly randomly to itch themselves and the pimple thing maybe the ick? Wild guess.

Also what are your water parameters and what type if kit do you use? Water change schedule?

OK you said there is a white thread coming from the bump, correct?
I *think* it's an external parasite but I'm doing a little more research

OK you said there is a white thread coming from the bump, correct?
I *think* it's an external parasite but I'm doing a little more research

There was and it went away. Now it's like a bump with like some irritated skin I guess you could say that. I really appreciate it by the way.

Back
Top Bottom