Sexing German blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone tell me what sex mine are? I asked for a male and a female.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392075324.254074.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392075381.528114.jpg

The female should have black stripes on its pelvic fin(behind stomach). It's sheen should show throughout its black spot near the head (female) and if it has a reddish coloured stomach, it should be a female ram. Hope this helps:)

I'll try, they hangout at opposite ends of the tank at the back so its hard to take pictures

Pic 1 could have the potential of being a female, im on a 25:75% female to male ratio right now on that one...

Ya... I realized one my first post i accidentally posted the same fish twice... Whoops! I will try to get another pic of the second one

I think it's a female but I would suggest asking others too b/c I'm not a total expert:) good luck breeding them! (If you are)

I'm not breeding them (intentionally) but if they do breed I will do my best to accompany the try's needs!

Back
Top Bottom