Sexing German blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421696801.670062.jpg

Here's is another picture this is the one I cannot decide I know it had the pinkish belly but isn't it's 2nd dorsal fin elongated?...this is the same one from the 2nd picture by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Female and female!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the clarification guys!

I'd suggest trading one in for a male. I had to females and one became dominant and chased the other around. I exchanged one for a male and since I haven't had any issues in my tank

Thanks Matt took your advice hopefully the new one (on the left) is in fact a male I spent sometime at the store making sure! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422330453.576403.jpg

left is female, male is on the right.

here is my male:
attachment.php

and female:
attachment.php

Thanks Matt took your advice hopefully the new one (on the left) is in fact a male I spent sometime at the store making sure! View attachment 262413

left is female, male is on the right.

here is my male:
attachment.php

and female:
attachment.php

Hate to ruin the party, i think both of you have 2 males, one sub dom.. i hope I'm wrong. I'm going to pm the brain trust.

this has gotten interesting... Any particular reasoning behind your theory Brookster?

I'm going to disagree, simply because if I don't, then that means my research methods have been flawed from the start (blue color shows up in dark spot, first two dorsal/ventral fins are same length as the rest)

lol, also means my male has some splaining to do since he's been trying to mate with my 'female' but she's a little younger than he is and not ready yet. He will chase 'her' (lol hate that you have me now using quotes for her) but not to level of harrassment but she's young.

Thanks for helping out brookster here's another picture of my alleged "male" for better reference ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422373355.198692.jpg

Maybe it is a female, i do see pink there..very young though.

What I'm not getting is obviously the first pic is male, but 2,3 are supposed to be the female, but pic 2 has obvious ventral extension signaling male whereas pic 3 does not and is female. I'm not quite sure what to say on this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What I'm not getting is obviously the first pic is male, but 2,3 are supposed to be the female, but pic 2 has obvious ventral extension signaling male whereas pic 3 does not and is female. I'm not quite sure what to say on this.

Give me a sec I think I was looking at the wrong pics

Back
Top Bottom