shallow tall tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone can't decide on shallow tank tall deep dimension, any. Comments advice suggestions need help

Cause rethink tangs and tank size 150 might change 180 or 200 gallon. Is width of tank good like 24 inches wide

Ezy33 thanks I was planning on 150 gallon tank but since I have yellow tang, blue tang, purple tang in mind so far changing tank size. Also panning on stock mix medium small saltwater fish compatible ones. Using a app called saltwater fish hand book, has all type of tangs clowns exctra, tank size care level behavior type aggressive peaceful, Has compatible chart, ph, and exctra it's hard now deciding on tank size my planning bin since November of last year. I want a nice colorful looking tank start from a fowlr to a mixed reef tank

Asking again your opinions comments on tanks what do you all like shallow or tall, just to mention after I start with fowlr I plan on a mixed reef. So please give some feedback thanks.

Personally like a shallower tank. The standard 18" or close to 20" is nice. The 180 would be good b/c it's in between and it's larger!

Obscurereef thanks for your opinion keeo shallow size 18 and 20 in mind. Planing on doing a mixed reef after fowlr for a little to get use to keeping fish, plan on a few of tangs so tank size changed no 150 gallon. Told go 180 gallon tank. So using app saltwater fish handbook to choose fish its hard for when your new, I want a colorful tank not dull. What about lighting for shallow tank, planning on mixed reef Sps and lps whats yor opinion advice thanks

When you said colorful, first thing that came to mind was the Harlequin Tusk ( Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Harlequin Tusk ). Sometimes someone will be selling theirs or a special of a LFS, but they are pretty expensive. For lighting..even if it were a deeper tank, LEDs are a good option. Some are so strong that often people will have to dim them down 50% so that their corals don't get fried! Taotronics are cheap and grow anything, so I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom