Sharks!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lokkzer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all. Got a 40g. Gonna put sand in it and id like to make it a cool community tank. I have a school of 8 danios. Can I put in any kind of sharks? (rainbow, bala, red fins) I'm asking both about the number, if they'd be ok in just 2-3, and size wise I was also hoping to add another school of 7-8 smaller fish, kinda leaning towards serpae tetras. Would this work or are the sharks too big? If I'm hoping for too much I understand.

I have a 70 gph filter if that means anything.

Thanks in advance AA.

Hate to say it, but none of them will work. Rainbows and red fins both need 55 gallons minimum, and balas need much bigger.

Dang it. I knew it. What are some other active fish? Like maybe something in the semi aggressive area. Something that won't school in a corner like my neons do.

How about a pair of rams? They're pretty aggressive when breeding. I think dwarf gouramis can be aggressive too... Or angels. Black skirt tetras have been known for being semi-aggressive too.

Rams normally aren't agressive. Even when breeding they just keep other fish away from the fry, usually not doing more than chasing the other fish a little.

I would go for an anglefish. Beautiful and semi-agressive. They couldn't live with neons, but cardinal tetras or any other large tetra would work.

Tiger barbs are a little aggressive and they swim all over and once they get to know you they will greet you everytime you come to your aquarium "feed me " lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom