She could be a pretty smart fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleggat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello! I have had a lot of threads lately, sorry about that. But I just could resist posting this one, I am confused.. I got a small female GBR a month or two ago to keep my male company, she's so cute but really odd. If I put a bit of food in unlike any of the other fish I have had she plays with it and then eats it (unless she's stealing it from my betta). She also tries to play with the other fish and my hand, half of them don't notice her and the other half just swim away. She is very brave too, she swims up to fish six times her size (seriously) to sort of check them out before she goes back to doing whatever she was doing before, she's not too stupid though she knows when another fish is angry at her and she shoots away. The oddest thing she has done is swim up to greet me every time I walk up to the tank, but she doesn't do it with other people. I know she's thinking "Mmmm, time to get food!" but she's so small, she doesn't swim to the top straight after either.. is she some super smart thing or is it impossible? Here is a picture of her I just took, I was trying to get a picture but she kept trying to follow me! So this is a picture of her swimming (hence why her fins are down). Thanks for reading.

268936_245245362155110_100000089438621_1071075_1506963_n.jpg

Why thank you Jason! I'll need to get pictures of her when she's in breeding condition; she looks lush then. :)

I'm going to get a video of it! :) I am now reinforcing it with food too.

You've got a shiner there! Lol. Sounds like she's just smart! She definitely sounds like she's got a character too!

Thanks a lot guys! Maybe I should train her hah.

I have something to admit.. I have the R2 fish school training kit, I tried it with her a few weeks ago but the house was crazy, I am waiting until I get my live food and that will be a better prize for her to get. (getting a daphinia culture woooooo!) I should breed her.. I'll get some super smart gbrs! Haha.

She swims up the top a lot for a gbr and she has also befriended my lyretail guppy over the past few days he follows her about everywhere and she seems to like him too. He isn't chasing her and nipping her dw! She didn't want pictures today!! Here's her giving me a mouthful (the guppy also blurred in the background)..

265006_247495148596798_100000089438621_1080197_1777677_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom