Shell-dwellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, since there have been a couple threads about Shellie's, I was wondering if we could just get this whole thread filled up with info on any of the species that you have had or currently have. So this thread can just get gut-loaded with info on these guys

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Those are cool I want some but I don't know anything about the what is the minimum size tank they can be in

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

In making a Shellie tank, it's only a ten gallon, it can be done, but a 20 long would be better if you can get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

20 long is ideal.. a 10 is going to limit natural behavior imo.. to cramped,.these fish are territorial and it'd be best to give them the most space pissible to showcase their unique skillset..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

20 long is ideal.. a 10 is going to limit natural behavior imo.. to cramped,.these fish are territorial and it'd be best to give them the most space pissible to showcase their unique skillset..

Plus they multiply like crazy.

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That would be awesome just posted about this, if anyone has info I could benefit as well. Howre they will other fish? Cichlid aggressive?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That would be awesome just posted about this, if anyone has info I could benefit as well. Howre they will other fish? Cichlid aggressive?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shellies?? They're little psychos.. I've no real experience first hand but I've observed their tanks at the lfs and spoke in depth with keepers. Species only unless you know exactly what you're doing. Their are other dwarf cichlids that can be placed in community settings.

OK what kind of shellies are we talking? I have multies, pearly lamps and Telmatochromis temporalis...working on getting some blue occies and callipturs( not spelled right) so some are larger than others

I was, gonna have people just put it like
Multis-(put info in this section)
(Then the next species) and so on. So you can list your personal care that you did for them

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

OK what kind of shellies are we talking? I have multies, pearly lamps and Telmatochromis temporalis...working on getting some blue occies and callipturs( not spelled right) so some are larger than others

Also the larger species that are classified as sheldwellers are actually shell spawners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Years ago I kept shellies. Multies, brevis, occies, stapps....each had their own 10g.

Attachments

• contest.jpg
    contest.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Jan 10 multies.jpg
    Jan 10 multies.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 92
Beautiful golds!

Is it true you could keep a breeding pair of Shellys in a 5 gallon or at least just one

Is it true you could keep a breeding pair of Shellys in a 5 gallon or at least just one

No, nothing but nanos, shrimp and bettas belong in a 5..

What info could you offer for caring for your pearly lamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom