Shipwreck ornaments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davy_Jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank and Im currently setting it up. I dont have much to add to it but and Old plastice shipwreck ornament. I was wondering if eanyone else one the forum used shipwreck scenes and could post pics to give me and idea.

Here's mine...

55g64.jpg

It's only a 55G, lol. The shipwreck is in 2 halves. The front half looks good by itself in a smaller tank as well. How big of tank are you wanting to put one in?

Well, I have a 30gallon. The ship is about 11 inches long and 4 inches high.

I have half a ship in our 29 gal tank. I'd take a pic but our camera is currently out of commission. We have tons of fake plants with the ship so it kind of looks like seaweed.

just make sure yours doesn't have any sharp areas, my BGK can torn up on one, and i had to silicone it

yhst-21557175635113_1899_122355958

Just wondering, what color is this ship. I cant tell and wanted some help figuring it out.
0-56b-medium.jpg

What's the moving lifeboat? Where do you get something like that? That's pretty cool!

Edit: You can get these all over the place. Just search "Split Shipwreck Aerating Ornament" and you'll see results. Pretty neat.

Looks greenish/grey with some black around the holes in the hull. Cool shipwreck. I have a shipwreck in my 29....my Rio Jari pleco LOVES it and made it his home. LOL You couldn't blast him out of there.

One day, I would like to do a big tank with the Titanic in the middle.....maybe a salt tank.....ah dreams.

Lonewolfblue, that is awesome! I really envy you "freshies"! LOL! You have the coolest themes!

I was also wondering if eanyone used more than one wreck in one tank. (im not talking about the split ones)

By junior high I became a natural tank snob, wanted to have a tank that looked like a natural setting, got rid of the dyed quartz gravel in favor of natural, stopped keeping fancy varieties and only kept wild type fish, then got into biotope aquariums and only kept fish that would be found together in nature.

Then I married a single mom of a 5 yo boy. My stepson liked my aquarium, was always wanting me to buy fish he thought were cool that didn't belong in an african rift valley cichlid aquarium, so I got him his own 10 gallon for his birthday. For some reason I felt his red wag swordtails would be happier fish with a shipwreck like Davy_Jones posted. What's most important is that my stepson loves his tank, loves to fall asleep with the light on so he can watch the fish, and the shipwreck reminds him of his favorite movies, Pirates of the Caribbean, but I have to admit I enjoy looking into it, enjoy the crazy world of whimsey it creates, the corydoras catfish snuffling around it like a nurse shark, the rainbowfish like tunas.

He's in 3rd grade now, so maybe in a few years will want something more natural, maybe I can nudge him to do an indopacific brackish setup, my second-favorite setup, but for now I dig the shipwreck.

Im glad for you and your son.....
When I see shipwrecks I sometimes look at them and the fish around them like real life fish.
Angelfish being Moorish idles, guppys being different colored reef fish, and plecos being nurse sharks or angle sharks.
Please post pics....

My plan for my 48 when i first bought it was to take a lighthouse decoration and put it on top of some granite rocks i pulled from a lake, then take a whole bunch of shipwrecks (3 or 4) and set them up in the sand way below the lighthouse. I think that would look pretty cool.

8db6_1.JPG

I was looking around and found this. It is by HARTZ, I thought they made just dog and cat supplies. Is this new or something?

Back
Top Bottom