Shocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdw1731

Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought I found a great non-franchised fish store, Congressional Aquarium, to give my business to. It's an hours drive from my house but it's always been well worth it because of the selection and what nots. However, I took my 14yo daughter out there this weekend to get some fish for her new tank and myslef a couple three items. She called me over to look at some fish and I was speechless.

They were selling some fish that someone had obviously painted/injected because the designs on the fish were that of pink and blue hearts...kinda like thislipstickfish.jpg

Since the only people around were worker bees, there was no one to complain too. I called this morning and left a message to have the manager call me or I would be calling back. I understand that it may be cute but really? Are we really willing to stoop that low to make and extra buck?

Welcome to the monster that is supply and demand.

People but these poor fish not knowing what the process is, this then creates a market for it and they harm even more of these poor fish.

Makes me sad...

I saw some of these the other day, they had them labeled as "tattooed mollies". They were balloon mollies with hearts and whatnot in bright colors on their sides. They really did look like they were tattooed. I was so pissed and felt so bad for those little fish :-(

I saw some of these the other day, they had them labeled as "tattooed mollies". They were balloon mollies with hearts and whatnot in bright colors on their sides. They really did look like they were tattooed. I was so pissed and felt so bad for those little fish :-(

Yep, thats what they were. If my phone wasn't sitting pretty on my charger...AT HOME...i would have snapped a pic.

Back
Top Bottom