Shop List!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferret

Aquarium Advice Addict
Let's compile a list of good shops we know of. Here's some of the shops I tend to visit and keep tabs on:

Petsmart of Highway 41, South of Windy Hill. Good people, pretty good fish. I've been going here for two years.

Petland in Kennesaw, just behind Towncenter Mall. Lots of animals in general, fun to visit, and some unique fish compared to Petsmart. Has saltwater too.

Atlantis Aquirums on Roswell Road. This place has a big selection of fish. I haven't bought from them yet but they were helpful when I was there. They did try to charge me full price for the shell of a dead snail though.

Atlantis is great.

There are a few more.

Georgia Pets Powdersprings rd
Pets Unlimited Terril Mill rd
Pices Pets

There is only one here in Savannah other then Pet Smart and that is Exotic Underworlds and its on E. Montgomery Cross road the road behind the Ogalthorpe Mall. They are expensive but they have healthy fish and the Owner is knowledgable and experienced. Its worth the trip to Savannah to see his shop and he has a website thats currently under contraction. www.exoticunderworlds.com
The owners name is Geri and hes the one to talk to!! I have never gotten a sick fish from him knock on wood!! He has both SW and FW. Oh and he will order you anything you want that he doesnt have. He even came to my house and set - up my aquarium for no extra charge!!

We have one in statesboro, Ga. He does do some sw and some fw. If he doesn't have what you want he will order it for you. But he's debating to keep selling SW. because theres not much of a demand in this area. I usually buy some stuff from him. He is very knowledgeable and also experienced. Its just a shame not many are doing saltwater in the surrounding area. Oh its called Pet's and People. They also groom dogs, and sell parrots.

You have GOT to go to Aquarium Showcase in Roswell, Brian the resident "guru" is quite knowledgeable, they are a bit expensive, but have all the weird stuff you can't find anywhere else. Their display aquariums appear impeccably maintained, I was thoroughly impressed, thus far the best lfs I've been to to date.

Is this a new store? I thought I knew every fish store in ATL area. Guess I'll drop by this weekend.

I don't think it's particularly new, as I was referred there by a friend of a long-time avid aquarist who's been in using them for quite some time. That place is AWESOME, like I said, it's a little pricey, but they have a lot of really neat stuff you won't see anywhere else.

Got an address? I searched all the phone directories and such just a month ago, so I don't have an idea where he's at.

I don't keep SW, but there's an excellent store here in Newnan on Bullsboro. I think it's just called The Fish Store. All they sell is SW fish although they have an excellent selection of Koi for sale also and do ponds as well. I like stopping in there just to see the pretty fish! My bad it's The Fish Garden (just found their business card) 2236 Hwy 34 E, Newnan, GA 30265, 770-252-4022

The fish store on Peachtree road is a great store .I went there this weekend and the live stock there is amazing :) they even were circulating fresh water to the bettas ..slightly expensive though

The store I currently use is the Petsmart at Johnson Ferry, just south of Roswell Road. They've got a good staff and clean tanks, and I've yet to loose a fish in QT that I bought there.

Another one I just recently discovered is The Pet Showcase...it's located in Tyrone off of 74...very nice pet store...the people are very knowledgable and I know I spelled that wrong...

Hey ferret! I just got back from powder springs. I was there Mon till today. I just happened to run into petland. How does his coral prices compare to other stores in the area? I bought a huge piece for 39.99 which is like a steal compared to around here. Wish I would have thought about it, you could have taken me to all the cool stores! Oh well, I am prob. coming back to buy more corals in 2 weeks. :wink:

Sorry, not a salt water guy. I know they have one tank of corals at the Petland up at Barret Place.. There's a better store on Roswell Road though. Cappicino Bay or something, I'm sure I've got it wrong. Its on the opposite side of the road from Kroger, going west board about a mile before the exits to the 120 South Marietta Loop. They have a LOT of saltwater and corals.

q's fish school in Woodstock (towne lake) ........ it's small but it's extremely clean and everyone who works there is very knowledgeable and eagar to help. They have reasonable prices as well.

link to website:
http://www.qfishschool.com

Theres a Petsmart up near Northlake mall that I was pissed off at but have since relented as in the last 3 months something happened at the fish look healthy again and the staff have brains now. But be warned 6 months ago they gave me the bad advice that contributed to my cycling debacle so...*shrug* I was in yesterday (for cat food) and there was a new guy there and he actually gave me good advice for the 20 gal I'm planning. I'm not sure if they have any SW or not....I just never looked :oops: Anyway, I'm giving them a second chance.

Hey revtree, ran across a new SW store on Johnson Ferry Rd completely randomly lastnight when I was picking up my new 20gal up (eeeeeeeeee!) from a different location. Is called Marine and Tropical Fish in Marietta (770) 321-8404

I have no basis for comparison for prices though sorry. Fishies were pretty and even though they didn't have much in the way of freshwater I'm going back for a blue platie I spotted.

Just visited The Fish Store and More off of Peachtree Road. They have an amazing variety of fish as well as display aquariums. I was very impressed with the store in general, but they are slightly on the high side for equipment and fish. They have some fish I've never seen before, including like 6 or 7 different species of Rainbow fish. Those I have never seen in a fish store. I got some neat plants there, though. Got lost the first time going up there...but today I found it just fine.

I've heard really good things about that store...from a pet supermarket employee of all people too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom