Shopping list - 100L tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClareR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi my old tank sprung a leak yesterday :( the urgent replacement is larger (funny how that happened) and my poor fish look lost in it. Need more fish and suitable decoration. With shielding/lack of transport not sure when I can get the fish and in no rush as want to make sure tank is cycled - done all possible but this has been a case of needs must. I can perhaps order some bits online though; tank backing and more substrate (sand).

Could you please help with suggestions and arrangement ideas? Any general advice welcome too - I'll browse the threads here later today, feel a bit scattered right now, only just rehomed them.

New tank is 105L so roughly 23Gallons - W75 D36 H48

Previous was only 54l.

Curently have:
- 5 Pristella maxillaris (X-Ray tetra)
- 2 Corydoras paleatus (Pepper Cory)

And yes, Corys will be first buy, we've lost the rest due to age through lockdown, besides they're likely my favourite fish.

Find the X-rays like to stick low in the tank and hidden areas during the day (though they're currently busy exploring) meaning even the small tank often looked empty, I'd ideally like something colourful and peaceful that live mid and top level.

Thinking along the lines of Platys and Gourami?

Decoration - I'll need something taller, might encourage the X-rays to use more of the tank. I'm not very good at arrangements so will browse here for inspiration.

Need to read up on water change requirements for this tank size too. Not sure if the bigger tank once stocked will mean easier to maintain or more buckets in my future.

Thanks. I love the look of Driftwood, seen it as the nearest aquatic, is there anything you need to do to prepare it or to be aware of?

Not for here really (sometimes leach a bit of tannins or get some mould). Saw bonsai driftwood in shop but crazy expensive :)

Back
Top Bottom