Shortage of Otocinclus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mama Karoti

Aquarium Advice Freak
I cannot seem to find these guys in stock anywhere right now, either online or locally. I know they are wild caught, so I am wondering if there is something going on with importing them. Anyone know anything?

Well they are still being listed on the south american suppliers we use here in the uk.

My lfs is waiting too, must be out of season. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here in the GTA Ontario a lot of the stock that has come in has been poor and thus its not really coming anymore. I know they have been losing a lot while in transition

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was at my local Petsmart today and they had over 20 in stock. One of the employees said they just got more last night. They had some in stock last week as well.

I'm pretty excited. I went into my LFS this afternoon because I had 20 minutes to kill, and lo they had otos! I got three of them. They have only had them for about a week, but I hated to wait in case they got bought up. Here's hoping they make it! Very neat little fish. Love watching them traveling all over my plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool, glad you got some. I ordered some in for this week, but I am off work so not sure if we got them :)

I cannot seem to find these guys in stock anywhere right now, either online or locally. I know they are wild caught, so I am wondering if there is something going on with importing them. Anyone know anything?

Not had any in tenerife (Spain) for a while.. I did finally get 4 two weeks ago after 6 months of looking..

These guys are amazing. My swords are almost completely clean already! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404778244.249283.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404778277.981387.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are fun fish. Mine have been super skittish lately though. They mostly come out at night and hide in the plastic cave during the day. Between them and the nerite snails, they keep the tank pretty darn clean!

They don't seem to be on shortage here all three lfs I visit always have them and a bunch of them at that to....wonder why ur stores are in shortage and not mine

Back
Top Bottom