Should I get CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey I got a 10 gallon low-tech setup. Around 30 watts with around 12-13.5k K's. I got some hornwort and java fern. I got 5 red-eyed tetras, 3 neons, 2 GBRs, 2 ottos.

I have a diy co2 generator (yeast and suger one) And I was wondering if I put the mixture together and stuff if my plants would grow faster and get greener. I've heard if you have a low-tech setup there is no point for co2.

I would just put the mixture together and throw the tubing in there with a airstone at the bottom of it.

Should I do it or no?

It's not that CO2 isn't beneficial in lower light setups, it's just that it isn't required. Most people are trying to do as little maintenance as possible with these setups, so most end up avoiding CO2. It will improve growth however if you want to give it a whirl.

It's not that CO2 isn't beneficial in lower light setups, it's just that it isn't required. Most people are trying to do as little maintenance as possible with these setups, so most end up avoiding CO2. It will improve growth however if you want to give it a whirl.

Ok. Yeah I was told to put the tube of the output of the co2 into the intake of my HOB powerfilter so that the bubbles are not just going to the top and popping (defeating the purpose of the co2 thing)

Since this setup is so easy and cheap it's not a big deal still pretty much low-tech sinces it's only a two-liter bottle with sugar,yeast, and water.

Yeah I was going to set it up tonight but my mom used up all my yeast on bread (LOL) So now I got to wait till like friday (Lame!) :D

Back
Top Bottom