Should I go with a 20gal or 29gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nooboftanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 10 gallon freshwater tank and I'm loving it only problem it's a little small for my liking and I'm quickly getting MTS and wanting more and more fish so I've been saving up and have around 250 to spend on starting another freshwater tank only problem is I can't decide between a 20gal or 29gal so I was hoping for some advice! Also any recommendations on a filter,light, or heater would be much appreciated!

29 and just get a basic set up set and upgrade as u go that way it gives time to learn about being a fish keeper

I have both. The height of the 29 is great. My profile has info on the lights and filters on the 2 tanks.

I'm coming in a little late, but I'll also chime in and recommend the 29 gallon. It's what I had once upon a time -- couldn't really go any bigger because it was in an apartment. Good size and great depth (only makes it a little harder if you're wanting to do plants). Gives you plenty of options when it comes to stocking.

Now that we're in a house, my GF allowed me to get a tank again, but she capped me at a 20 gallon. It's lame, but it's better than nothing! It's okay though, I have a feeling one day she's just going to come home to a huge tank filled with water -- "can't move it now, honey!"

I'm coming in a little late, but I'll also chime in and recommend the 29 gallon. It's what I had once upon a time -- couldn't really go any bigger because it was in an apartment. Good size and great depth (only makes it a little harder if you're wanting to do plants). Gives you plenty of options when it comes to stocking.

Now that we're in a house, my GF allowed me to get a tank again, but she capped me at a 20 gallon. It's lame, but it's better than nothing! It's okay though, I have a feeling one day she's just going to come home to a huge tank filled with water -- "can't move it now, honey!"

Haha better late then never on the reply thanks for the advice it seems like I'll go with the 29gal I was hoping to have some plants but not a ton so hopefully it won't be to hard to stock them

Back
Top Bottom