Should I just get rid of the Anachris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karackle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, So my new 5 gallon planted is doing GREAT so far, I can't BELIEVE how much growth I've seen since I set it up! The purple Cabomba is already trying to take over the tank, and the Wisteria is fighting back! AND the two large red crypts in the back have shot out new leaves! And the green crypt is growing slower, but has also put out a new leaf!

Now, in my 20 gallon, I had some extra Cabomba from planting the 5 so i stuck it in the 20 expecting it not to do so well, but that is growing too! It's growing a bit slower than the ones in the 5, but definitely growing. It's not throwing out as many roots from all parts of the stem, but it seems pretty solidly anchored in the substrate (i'm not sure what that means?).

The anachris in my 20gallon, on the other hand, isn't doing so well anymore, could it be that the cabomba is sucking up more of the nurtrients?

My question is should I pull the anachris, add more cabomba from the overflow in my 5 gallon and call it a day? I figure this way I could start dosing the 20 gallon with Excel also? I have low light in the 20 gallon, but the cabomba that's growing is actually in the darkest corner of the tank.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

THANKS!

Geeze, I dunno what to tell you to do. At least your cabomba is taking off. How attached are you to the anachris? IF you don't like it htat much just yank it. Sounds to me like you want to keep it though.

Strange that the cabomba is flourishing while the anachris is floundering (no pun intended). I wonder what could cause that, have you changed the temperature recently?

NO I'm not too attached to it, I just want something in that spot that creates good cover for my fishies who like to hide which is why i'm thinking i could just put more cabomba there....i'm open to suggestions though.

And nope, no changes in temperature

Back
Top Bottom